Welcome to the first Annual NewBay Media, "AV/IT College Standings."
The “NewBay Media AV/IT College Standings 2017” is the first and only AV/IT technology ratings for colleges and universities to provide prospective students and parents to use during their evaluation process.
The AV/IT College Standings 2017 was created by the editors of NewBay Media to help colleges and universities gain recognition and be ranked for its commitment to education first, while supporting student outcomes and engagement with AV/IT technologies. The editors recognize that technology supports specific pedagogies, campus culture and helps project school pride, not the other way around.
How Are Submissions Judged and Ranked?
Voting Public: Submissions have been closed and are ready for public for voting. The collective audience of NewBay Media AV/IT publications will receive an email to vote on the nominated entries they believe to be most transformative AV/IT spaces and solutions within each category.
Final Judging: NewBay Media editors and an independent panel of AV/IT industry experts will also judge all entries. The editors will help break ties, and make decisions if a nomination would be better served in a different category.
Overview of categories are below.
SPACES / ENVIRONMENTS / EXPERIENCE
Entries within this category are specific to an overall space/room, environment or experience. Think about what AV/IT technology solutions come together to make the space, environment or experience outstanding.
- Best Active Learning Classroom Technology Solutions
- Best Wayfinding Experience Student and/or Visitor Technology Solutions
- Best Digital Signage Solution Student and/or Visitor Technology Solutions
- Best Use of Interactive Digital Signage in a Public Space
- Best In-classroom Collaboration Environment Technology Solutions
- Best Videoconferencing Environment Technology Solutions
- Best Freshman Student Engagement Solutions
- Best Help Desk Integrated Technology Solutions
- Best Auditorium AV/IT Technology Solutions
- Best Theater and/or Live Event Space AV/IT Technology Solutions
- Best Athletic Room and/or Sports Stadium AV/IT Technology Solutions
- Best Huddle Space Technology Solutions
- Best Faculty Meeting/Conference Room Technology Solutions
- Best Common Space (e.g. Library, Study Spaces, Atrium, Cafeteria, Lobby, Outside, etc.) Technology Solutions
- Best Immersive Environment Technology Solutions
TECHNOLOGY / SOLUTION / APPLICATION SPECIFIC
Sometimes a specific technology can make a difference for one aspect of a campus or classroom which is why we are also providing the following categories. The solution must be tied to a specific environment or application in use at a specific college/university. Same rules apply as above. These categories are not meant for product write-ups.
- Best Overall AV/IT Campus Integration
- Best Classroom AV/IT Integration Solution
- Best Transition of AV/IT Technology to the Cloud
- Best Learning Management System Integration
- Best Classroom Engagement Solution
- Best Collaboration Solution
- Best Lecture Capture Solution
- Best Distance Learning Solution
- Best Interactive Solution
- Best Streaming Media Solution
- Best Immersive Environment Technology Solution
- Best Assistive Technology Solution
- Best Technology Integration In-Class and/or MOOC Curriculum
- Best Technology Solution that has Increased Student Engagement
- Best Technology Solution that has Increased Faculty Engagement
- Best Integrated Emergency Notification Solution
- Best Integrated Campus Safety Solution